This webinar discusses a new study from CLPHA and PAHRC on the evolution of resident health initiatives and health-sector partnerships at public housing agencies (PHAs). Building on an earlier survey of the field of programs offered, we examine how resident health initiatives began at seventeen PHAs across the country and how they evolved over time, with a special focus on changes in organizational goals and structures. The webinar features a question and answer format with the study authors and then delves more deeply into a guided conversation with practitioners on how these PHAs have incorporated resident health outcomes into their agencies featuring staff from Bath Housing and Minneapolis Housing.
- Learn about key aspects of successful PHA-health partnerships and how these are built over time.
- Hear from practitioners about challenges and successes in building a resident health focused program.
- Kelly McElwain, MPP, Research Analyst III, PAHRC
- Keely Stater, Former Director, Research and Industry Intelligence, PAHRC
- Stephen Lucas, Health Research and Policy Manager, Council of Large Public Housing Authorities (CLPHA)
- Brian Altshuler, Moderator, HAI Group
- Debora Keller, Executive Director, Bath Housing (ME)
- Kelly Zelenka, Assistant Director, Community Connections, Minneapolis Public Housing Authority