Over the past few decades, many PHAs have transformed their operations to own, manage, and develop affordable properties outside of the public housing program. New research finds that at least 1,664 PHAs own or manage 384,592 homes assisted by programs other than public housing. This webinar will discuss the latest research on PHA development efforts and feature a panel of PHA development professionals from San Diego Housing Commission (CA) and Salem Housing Authority (OR) who will discuss the tools and strategies they have leveraged to build and preserve affordable housing in their communities.
- Recall programs PHAs have leveraged to build and preserve affordable housing in their community
- Understand the scope of PHAs engaged in development efforts
- Learn strategies that PHAs can adopt to advance their development goals.
- Kelly McElwain, MPP, Senior Research Analyst, Public and Affordable Housing Research Corporation
- Wendy DeWitt, Vice President of Preservation, San Diego Housing Commission (CA)
- Collin Miller, Vice President of Multifamily Housing Finance, San Diego Housing Commission (CA)
- Nicole Utz, Housing Administrator, Salem Housing Authority (OR)